BREXIT: WHO IS CONCERNED AND WHAT MUST BE DONE ?10 June 2019
The ARPP, the French Professional Advertising Regulatory Body (previously known as the Advertising Control Office or BVP), is an association of French advertising professionals.
The ARRP’s role is to regulate advertising such that it respects the profession’s ethical, commercial competition and good practice codes.
It regularly publishes guidelines on professional ethics; and those for the cosmetics industry, which evidently has not escaped its attentions, are amongst its oldest publications (1974).
The 8th edition has just been published. The video above reminds us of its 5 main principles:
- The definition of a cosmetic product
- The principle of fair competition and the obligation to prove that a product produces the claimed effects
- The conditions to be applied for medical endorsements
- The framework to be applied for “specific” claims, and finally
- The conditions associated with the use of the terms “natural” or “natural origin” in relation to a cosmetic product
As a reminder, all advertising claims must respect:
- the European Regulation (EC) N°655/2013 which states the common criteria which must be applied to all claims regarding cosmetic products, as well as
- the latest version of the Manual on the scope of application of the Cosmetics Regulation (EC) N°1223/2009 (art.2(1)(a).